Thursday, October 05, 2006

Why I should keep my day job

Chilli caramelised pork on cucumber salad
Last night's dinner, Donna Hay food stylist I ain't!

I'm sure just about everyone has heard of
Donna Hay, whose food photography is imitated the world over. So asethetically pleasing are her photos it's guaranteed to whet your appetite every time.

She has a regular column in the Sunday paper in Sydney (and probably Melbourne too), and I came across this chilli caramelised pork on cucumber salad recipe last weekend. It looked so light and tasty I just had to try it last night. As you can see from the photo above, my attempt at food styling falls far short of the pretty picture in the magazine I tried to imitate.

But hell, who cares when it was delicious anyway!

I tried to find the recipe online, but no joy. If anyone is interested, I'll be happy to post it here

2 Comments:

At October 05, 2006 11:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I learnt a long time ago that it is all about big white plates. If you switched your dish to big white plates then you can imagine it landing on a table at ezard in Melbourne (not sure what the Sydney equivalent is... maybe Longrain).

Just compare the pics to your ones from Sunday brunch a couple of posts ago and you'll see what I mean. Delicious!

Cheers,
Ken

 
At October 27, 2006 5:24 pm, Blogger Honeybee said...

I think it looks great! I'd love the recipe as I can't get hold of australian sunday papers over here... Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home