Sunday, June 26, 2005

The Original

Finally made it to 'ino in the West Village for brunch the other week. My first time there and it is tiny. About six tables and a few stools at the counter. We started off with a delicious sweet onion and cacio bruschetta, and I just had to have their truffled egg toast which I've had before at 'inotecca a few months back.

Brunch at 'ino
'ino's truffled egg toast & a side order of sweet onion & cacio bruschetta

The truffled egg toast is so yummy I had to make a version of it at home after I had it back in February. I added proscuitto to my version just to make it more interesting, and the aroma from a few splashes of truffle oil make it sooo tempting, it might be worthwhile to make extras.

Poached egg with asparagus, proscuitto and truffle oil
Not a bad interpretation if I do say so myself!!

4 Comments:

At July 11, 2005 1:04 pm, Blogger Chick Pea said...

Hi Kate
Hmm, that's a tough one. I haven't really been to many tapas places in the city yet. The only one I've tried is Azafran and it was pretty good. Cool decor and great dishes, though it was a while ago so I'm not sure if its still as good.
If you want some more recs, you should check out the message boards at http://www.chowhound.com and I'm sure some foodies will have more suggestions on places to try out.
Good luck and if you do come across any good places let me know! :)

 
At August 04, 2005 2:33 am, Blogger Chick Pea said...

Hi Kate
Yes you have to check out 'ino, the egg toast is to die for!
I've walked past Sunburnt Cow but haven't tried the food there yet, any good?
We actually had brunch at Ruby's on the weekend. The Bondi and Bronte burgers were amazing, definitely worth checking out! :)

 
At August 05, 2005 1:05 am, Blogger Chick Pea said...

Yeah, the selection isn't that big, but you guys should definitely try the Bronte burger!
Haven't heard of Friend of a Farmer, you'll have to queue up and tell me if its any good or not ;)
A spot you might like to try for brunch is Great Jones Cafe on Jones St - I think its either Southern/Cajun...really yummy and a great vibe too!

 
At August 07, 2005 6:37 am, Blogger Luckyboo said...

we don't do queuing very well!
We are going to do great Jones Cafe though. Reviews are good.
I just added another entry to my blog - that makes it two entries in total! Gosh I'm clever! I'm getting the tech thing! All over it! Except the photos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home