Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Wi-fi (Or Rather, No wi-fi) – The Bane of My Existence

Ok, two weeks with no internet access at home is starting to have an effect on me. It's gotten to the point where I am now looking online at work for free wi-fi spots near my apartment. I’m somewhat shocked that there aren’t any - I had assumed that wireless access would be free at least in Starbucks, but silly me, even that was wishful thinking.

So now I’m stuck in limbo land, no wireless access at home and contemplating whether I should sign up for cable, buy a router etc etc. I know I'll have to eventually, but being the technophobe that I am it might take a while. Looking online now at what you need and how to sign up etc and I am so confused!!

All I have right now is a wireless card, we don't have a phone line at home so I have no idea how you're meant to connect, something to do with cable??

Yes I'm having a big blonde moment right now..hehehe

2 Comments:

At June 15, 2005 2:38 am, Blogger Luckyboo said...

Hi, I just discovered your blog last week, and love it. We are Aussie expats in NYC too, and this is such a great idea for family and friends back home, I've started up my own now, but I can't even work out how to put the photos in yet! Thanks again. PS There's an asian grocery store near us on the east side of 3rd Ave and I think 12th or 13th that sells sweet chilli sauce, and it's good! http://luckyboo.blogspot.com/

 
At September 26, 2005 2:45 am, Blogger David said...

hey chickpea, sorry about the lack of 'net acccess, that can really suck, especially as I see you're an avid blogger!

not sure if this will be of assistance in your trek for wi-fi spots, but here's a cool site I swear by on my laptop-take-with trips around the city:

http://www.nodedb.com/unitedstates/ny/newyork/?

good luck

 

Post a Comment

<< Home