Saturday, August 26, 2006

Random thoughts

I've been cooking a fair amount at home, though it's nothing but the standard stuff I've been cooking over the last year. I guess the stress of a new job and planning a wedding is taking precedence over everything else

The first batch invitations we're printing ourselves are finally done. We had to do them a little earlier to accommodate our overseas guests. They look pretty good I have to say, and I have to thank my brother for lending us his printer. Who knew embossed paper doesn't agree with laser printers? I almost had a heart attack when I saw the streaks of black ink on the first test print - I doubt the paper store would have taken back the 180 custom cut sheets of paper we'd purchased!

Made chicken soup recently. I'm lazy so I use packaged chicken stock, which can be good if you find a decent brand. Sadly, the ones I've tried have been gross so I haven't found a suitable brand yet. Oh how I'm missing Swanson's Chicken Broth. Best stuff on the planet.

I've paid a deposit on a dress. The problem for me was trying on a gorgeous US$6,000 dress in Saks when I first started looking - everything else I've tried on since doesn't come close. Anyway, I've found a suitable dress which I like, I love the fabric and the way it looks, but 6 months of eating and not going to the gym have rendered me a little wobbly in certain areas, so it is a little difficult to say I love it just yet. So yes, I'm on a diet now. Well, maybe not a diet, but I need to start going to the gym again. I doubt I can ever go on a full diet, I love my food too much!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home