Saturday, April 29, 2006

Cheese and crackers

First off, apologies in advance for any grammatical errors in this post. The lonely bottle of cab sav that's been sitting on my kitchen bench has been calling me all day, beckoning me to be consumed...how could I possibly refuse?

So now I'm a little tipsy. Hungry and little tipsy.

Up until now I have been adamant that I will not go on a diet for the Big Day. I never understood why women to torment themselves, starve themselves in the months leading up to their wedding day, just so they would look good in their photos. I mean I can understand why, but wouldn't it be better to remember yourself for the way you normally are, rather than pretending to be some svelte, wispy thing when you normally aren't? (Am I making sense??)

But reality has set it. Weeks of eating nothing but instant noodles, Domino's pizza (?!!!), potato chips, Burger King, Oporto and the like, have taken their toll. My face has turned into a lump fest of oozing, mountainous proportions.

It's time for detox - salads, fresh fruit, organic produce to rid my system of all those nasties. (Though Oporto will be tough to give up).

So today I had a slice of toast, a small salad.....a bottle of red and some lovely blue brie and crackers. Argh! I couldn't help myself!! I need soakage for the wine, can't you see??

Ok, this is getting a little crazy. I've always believed in moderation. No matter what you have, as long as you have it in moderation, you're fine. Starving myself today was a bad idea.

Or rather, maybe it was the whole bottle of wine I just finished that's the problem.

God I'm starving!!!

1 Comments:

At May 02, 2006 9:42 pm, Blogger FooDcrazEE said...

hm..the acid from the wine will make you hungry. Some bread will be nice with the BRIE

 

Post a Comment

<< Home