Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Food glorious food

I’ve noticed my last few entries haven't really been about food, which is the main point of this blog. That, and sharing with friends and family my schizophrenic life in New York.

I have been cooking at home a lot lately, so in the true spirit of keeping a diary of my life, I am going to start listing all the stuff I cook and eat. Photos may be a little difficult, as the lighting in our kitchen is dismal, plus I don’t have the creative capabilities of other bloggers out there in blogland. But I will try, yes, yes I will try.

So what did I cook last week? A fair bit:

Monday: Italian wedding soup – a trusty favourite
Tuesday: Oyster sauce chicken with rice – I got this super quick and tasty recipe from Ruth, who has some fantastic recipes I plan to try in the future.
Wednesday: Bizarre beef stroganoff – I’m calling it bizarre as I was lazy and used a pre-packaged sauce, and that’s exactly what it tasted like. Never again!
Sunday: Pork chops with mustard sauce and roasted potatoes & asparagus – everything turned out well, but I used a tad too much mustard. Still, will try recipe again soon

And on tonight’s menu: Bangers and garlic mash with sautéed onions and gravy – can’t wait!


On a side note, I went and tried on some wedding dresses with my good friend P on Saturday. Thoughts? Three words: Oh my GOD!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home