Saturday, June 02, 2007

Tired

The hangover fry up
Saturday brekkie, Chick Pea style

I've had a shocker at work this week, and I imagine it will only get worse with the lead up to the end of the financial year. Hurrah for the weekend!

I haven't really been up to much (I think, all the days seem to blur into one lately). The weather is finally starting to get a little chilly, though there is talk that it's been the mildest May yet. The upside is that means I can start pulling out all my fancy winter clothes purchased in New York; the downside is I've packed on a fair few kilos over the last year. So everything is a little on the snug side. Oh joy.

We woke up early today to check out a few properties for sale. We saw a nice one bedroom in Surry Hills with a fantastic view. Not Sydney Harbour view, but a view nonetheless. It's on a fairly quiet street, and close enough to the shops and cafes along Crown Street. The only downside to it is that there's a gym, sauna and a 25 metre pool, so the strata fees are pretty scary. We'll ask for the contract on Monday and see how we go anyway, you never know.

I made a yummy fry-up before we headed out. J went out early to get the ingredients, and he actually purchased the bacon from a butcher, and boy, what a difference it is to the standard supermarket vacuum-packed variety. The butcher only opened recently, and no doubt we will be going there again.

Tomorrow my cousins are coming over for lunch. R had purchased a 6-pack of chick-flick DVDs on sale, so there'll be mimosas, quiche & salad, and hopefully more mimosas to be had before we start the DVD marathon. J has wisely said he will be vacating the premises early before the onslaught.

It'll be my first attempt at making quiche, and I'm going to cheat a little and use store bought pastry. I've decided on bacon and leek. Fingers crossed it'll turn out! Off to the supermarket now to get the ingredients.

1 Comments:

At June 04, 2007 12:23 am, Blogger Deborah Dowd said...

I know its gauche, but I almost always use ready-made pastry. Some people are great at pastry, but it's not my thing! However, I love quiche and am planning that for tonight!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home