Monday, January 31, 2005

"Semi" Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee on the Food Network

Hahaha...I think the name of the show would be enough to put anyone off. I don't know what the airing schedule is, but I stumbled across one of her shows the other day and it was..errr....interesting to watch her concoctions..ahem...I mean creations.

I mean I can understand if you're pressed for time and the last thing you want to do is spend 2 hours in the kitchen when you finish work. But some of the ingredients she uses in her recipes...yikes! Its like a heart attack waiting to happen...yeuck. My personal fave is her recipe for Six Cheese Tortellini (yes that's right SIX cheeses) with the star ingredient being 1/4 cup of "processed liquid cheese spread". Mmmm...yummeee...I'm drooling just thinking about it.

Even funnier is reading the reviews of her recipes on the Food Network website . A great way to kill a few hours if you're bored ;)


2 Comments:

At January 31, 2005 8:20 am, Blogger SierraBella said...

I too happened upon one of Sandra Lee's shows just the other day, and I agree with you.
Speaking of heart attack waiting to happen... have you caught the Southern cooking show? I believe the host is named Paula? OMG!

 
At September 26, 2005 5:46 am, Blogger Amandarama said...

Oh, she's incredibly horrible. In order to make it all the way through one of her shows, I had to invent a drinking game.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home